- Last Updated on Wednesday, 31 August 2011 16:57
- Written by The Times Weekly
- Category: Living News
The Promenade Bolingbrook, in partnership with social shopping network Shoptopia, kicked off Project Style, the ultimate fashion competition for guys and girls ages 13 and up in March of 2011. Local fashion trendsetters submitted images and videos of their style choices to be judged in the contest over the past six months; The Promenade Bolingbrook selected two (2) winners each round, during the five-round contest. Finalists include residents from
Bolingbrook, Joliet, LaGrange Highlands.
The final Style-Off will take place LIVE at The Promenade on Fashion's Night Out (FNO), September 8, 2011 from 6-9 p.m., when over 100 cities nationwide join together to highlight fashion and support retail with exciting events that include designer appearances, celebrity guests, fashion shows and musical performances. The event is free to attend and will offer many amenities including mini makeovers and manicures, free samples, fashion demonstrations throughout the mall, text to win opportunities and more including:
- HGTV Design Star Finalist and Fashion Merchandiser, Kevin Grace, will be The Promenade's celebrity judge for the final Style-Off Competition and Fashion Show staring at 7 p.m. A meet & greet with Kevin Grace will. follow for Fans until 9 p.m.
- Danielle Tufano-The River radio station to emcee The Style-Off Fashion Show.
- Beach Party featuring Dave Rudolf on Village Green beginning at 6 p.m.
- Live music by SODA (60's through today) near Barnes & Noble from 7-9 p.m.
- *Best/Worse Shoe Contest for a chance to win a $50.00 gift card to DSW.
- Guests who RSVP for the VIP Lounge at promenade.shoptopia.com will be rewarded with special amenities during the FNO Event.
- Text to Win opportunities throughout the evening including a People Choice Judging during the Project Style-Off competition.
These are just a few of the events that will take place.
The Promenade is located at 631 E. Boughton Rd., in Bolingbrook, Ill., just west of I-355.