- Last Updated on Monday, 12 March 2012 19:29
- Written by The Times Weekly
- Category: Recipes
Makes: 16 SERVINGS
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon green food color
3 teaspoons peppermint or mint extract
1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker® Whipped whipped cream frosting
1 bag (12 oz) dark chocolate chips (2 cups)
1/4 cup candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, food color and 2 teaspoons of the peppermint extract until soft dough forms. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 11 minutes or until barely golden around edges. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, mix frosting and remaining 1 teaspoon peppermint extract. For each sandwich cookie, spread desired amount of frosting on bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; gently press together.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute, stirring once, until melted. If necessary, continue to microwave in 15-second increments, stirring until smooth. Dip each sandwich cookie halfway into melted chocolate; decorate with sprinkles. Place on cooking parchment paper; let stand until set.