Veggie Burger Pockets
7/30/2013, 12:48 p.m.
- 2 large eggs
- 4 frozen veggie burgers
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika
- Kosher salt
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced roasted red peppers
- 1 small Kirby cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 large whole-wheat pitas, warmed
- Pickles, for serving (optional)
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with water by about 1 inch. Bring to a high simmer over medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute. Cover, remove from the heat and let sit 12 minutes. Drain the eggs and rinse under cold water, then peel and thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, cook the veggie burgers as the label directs. Whisk the yogurt, garlic, paprika, 2 tablespoons water, and salt to taste in a small bowl. In a large bowl, toss the arugula, roasted red peppers, cucumber, olive oil, mint, feta, and salt to taste.
- Cut 1 inch off the top of each pita to make an opening; stuff the pita strip inside the pita to reinforce the bottom. Stuff each pita with a veggie burger, some arugula salad and a few slices of hard-boiled egg. Drizzle with the yogurt dressing. Serve with pickles.