Rosemary Orange Roasted Turkey Breast
11/20/2013, 3:58 p.m.
- 1 bone-in whole turkey breast (5 to 7 lb), thawed if frozen
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 orange, cut into thin slices
- Heat oven to 325°F. Place turkey breast, skin side up, in shallow roasting pan.
- In small bowl, mix garlic, rosemary, mustard, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of the orange juice and the oil.
- Loosen turkey skin, using fingers or spoon; rub garlic mixture under and over turkey skin. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is in thickest part of breast and does not touch bone.
- Pour wine, lemon juice, broth and remaining 1/4 cup orange juice into roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until thermometer reads at least 165°F. Place turkey on warm platter; cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Spoon pan juices over turkey; garnish with orange slices.