Ginger-Cherry-Pear Crisp with Oatmeal Topping
10/1/2013, 10:48 p.m.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) oatmeal cookie mix
- ¾ cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 medium pears, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 1 bag (5.5 oz) dried cherries
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, place cookie mix. Cut in butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until particles are the size of peas. Remove 1 cup crumb mixture to small bowl; stir in walnuts. Set aside for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of dish.
- In another large bowl, toss pears, cherries, brown sugar and ginger; spoon over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb/nut mixture over fruit.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and edges are bubbly. Cool about 20 minutes. Serve warm.