Bacon Double Cheeseburger Casserole
10/16/2013, 1:08 p.m.
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (about 10 ounces)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 package (8 ounces) Cheddar cheese cubes
- 10 strips cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package.
- While macaroni is cooking, cook beef in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in macaroni, milk, garlic pepper, soup, cheese cubes and half of the bacon. Spoon into 3-quart casserole.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes. Mix remaining bacon, the bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake uncovered 5 minutes.