10/29/2013, 6:56 p.m.
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup small curd creamed cottage cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, drained
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over low heat. Cook garlic in butter about 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until golden. Stir in flour. Cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk and broth. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in mozzarella cheese, onions, capers, tarragon and lemon pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Spread one-fourth of the cheese sauce (about 1 1/4 cups) in ungreased rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches; top with 3 uncooked noodles. Spread cottage cheese over noodles. Repeat with one-fourth of the cheese sauce and 3 noodles. Top with crabmeat, shrimp, one-fourth of the cheese sauce, the remaining noodles and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until noodles are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.