Extra-Easy Grilled Pepperoni Pizza
8/20/2014, 1:51 p.m.
- 2 ½ cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup very hot water
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce (from 14 oz jar)
- ½ package (3.5 oz) sliced pepperoni (about 24 slices)
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz)
- Sliced fresh basil or chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Heat gas or charcoal grill for indirect cooking and medium heat. Generously spray 18x18-inch piece of heavy duty foil with cooking spray.*
- To measure Bisquick mix, lightly spoon into measuring cup; level off. In medium bowl, stir together all crust ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened. Lightly knead dough in bowl 10 times. Place dough on sprayed foil; starting at center, press into a 12-inch round. Place on large cookie sheet to carry to grill. Place crust on grill, foil side down. Cook covered 1 to 3 minutes or until bottom of crust is light golden brown. Do not over cook. Remove from grill to cookie sheet.
- Spread sauce over dough to within 1/2-inch of edge. Top evenly with remaining ingredients (do not make thicker in center or center won't get done). Carefully place pizza on grill, foil side down. Cook covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until bottom of crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Carefully place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with basil.