Meatball Provolone Burgers with Garlic Parmesan Aioli
8/26/2014, 9:43 p.m.
Garlic Parmesan Aioli
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- ½ cup Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into rings
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 ciabatta buns, split
- In small bowl, mix Garlic Parmesan Aioli ingredients; cover and refrigerate. Heat gas or charcoal grill. In medium bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, milk, salt, pepper and onion. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick. Make indentation the size of a quarter in center of each burger so burgers remain level during grilling.
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until meat thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 160°F. Toss green and red bell pepper rings with oil to coat. Add bell pepper rings to side of grill for last 8 to 10 minutes of cooking, turning once, until crisp-tender. During last 2 minutes of cooking, top each patty with cheese. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon Garlic Parmesan Aioli mixture on cut sides of buns. Place burgers on bottom halves of buns; top with peppers. Cover with top halves of buns.