Spicy Lemon Shrimp with Basil Mayonnaise
12/30/2014, 9:11 p.m.
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 lb uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp (22 to 25 shrimp), thawed if frozen and tails peeled
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- Set oven control to broil. In medium glass or plastic bowl, mix lemon peel, lemon juice, red pepper, salt, garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add shrimp; toss to coat. In ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, spread shrimp.
- Broil shrimp with tops 2 to 3 inches from heat 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- In food processor, place basil and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Cover and process until chopped. Add mayonnaise; cover and process until smooth. Serve shrimp with mayonnaise.