Plainfield Fest requiring several street closures
7/15/2014, 9 p.m.
The Plainfield Police Department issued this notice on streets that will be closed by Plainfield Fest this weekend:
As a result of Plainfield Fest, the following road closures will occur beginning at 6 p.m. on Thursday and lasting until the early morning hours of Monday:
- Lockport Street between Route 59 and Fox River Street will be completely closed to all traffic. Lockport Street between James Street and Fox River Street will be checkpoint controlled and open to local businesses and residents, and Handicapped parking.
- Des Plaines Street between Ottawa Street and Oak Street will be closed.
- Illinois Street will be completely closed between the Library and the alley just south of Lockport Street.
- Chicago Street between Illinois Street and Fox River Street will be closed. A checkpoint for local residents and Handicapped parking will be located at Illinois Street and Chicago Street.
- Fox River Street between Lockport Street and Ottawa Street will be a checkpoint controlled access.
Festival parking is available at Plainfield Central High School. Additional parking is located at the municipal parking lots on Des Plaines Street north of Oak Street and the lot next to the Plainfield Library on Illinois Street. Handicapped parking is available on Lockport Street east of James Street, and on Chicago Street between Illinois Street and Des Plaines Street.
Additional parking will also be available at Riverfront Park, Plainfield Village Hall and First Midwest Bank.
Roads are expected to reopen around 5 a.m. Monday.
Plainfield Police remind all motorists to anticipate longer than normal delays in traffic movement, and also to be aware of the increase in pedestrian traffic in the downtown area.
Any questions regarding road closures or parking for Plainfield Fest may be directed to Commander Ken Ruggles at 815-267-7211.
For a schedule of events at Plainfield Fest go to www.plainfieldfest.org.