Grilled Halibut with Chipotle Butter
7/23/2014, 12:51 p.m.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (from can of chipotle chiles)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 halibut steaks (6 oz each)
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix butter, chile, adobo sauce, lime juice and cilantro. Refrigerate until serving time.
- In another small bowl, mix oil, chili powder, garlic salt and cumin. Brush both sides of each halibut steak with oil mixture.
- Place halibut on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning once or twice, until fish flakes easily with fork. Serve halibut topped with butter mixture.