Easy Lemon Berry Tiramisu
6/10/2014, 3:36 p.m.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel (1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 containers (8 oz each) mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ packages (7.1 oz each) ladyfingers
- 3 cups mixed fresh berries, rinsed
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat, granulated sugar, water, lemon peel and lemon juice to boiling. Boil until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool lemon syrup completely.
- In large bowl, beat mascarpone, cream, powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Line bottom of ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with half of the ladyfingers. Generously brush about one-fourth of lemon syrup over ladyfingers. Spread half of mascarpone mixture evenly over ladyfinger layer. Top with half of the berries; brush with lemon syrup. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight before serving. Cut into 4 rows by 2 rows.