Stuffed-Crust Pepperoni Pizza
3/4/2014, 10:34 p.m.
- 3 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2/3 cup very hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- ¾ cup diced pepperoni
- 4 sticks Colby-Monterey Jack string cheese (from 10-oz package), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (2.25 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Move oven rack to lowest position; heat oven to 450°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, hot water and oil with fork until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes. Let stand 8 minutes.
- Pat or press dough in bottom and 1 inch over side of pizza pan. Lightly press 1/4 cup of the pepperoni along edge of dough. Place string cheese over pepperoni along edge of dough, overlapping if necessary. Fold 1-inch edge of dough over and around cheese and pepperoni; press to seal. Bake 7 minutes.
- Spread pizza sauce over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the Italian cheese, remaining 1/2 cup pepperoni, the mushrooms, bell pepper and olives. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 4 Bake 9 to 12 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.