Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
11/10/2014, 6:16 a.m.
- 1 container (16 oz) small-curd cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan, Romano and Asiago cheese blend (3 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped or thinly sliced onion
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced fresh baby portabella mushrooms
- 3 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 2 cups roasted red bell peppers (from two 12-oz jars), drained, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 jars (15 oz each) four-cheese Alfredo pasta sauce
- 9 sheets rectangular instant lasagna noodles (7 1/8 x 3 1/2 inches)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9- inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, cheese blend and garlic salt; set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender. Add mushrooms; cook until tender. Stir in chicken, roasted peppers and Alfredo sauce. Spoon about 2 1/3 cups chicken mixture in baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, half of cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 3 noodles, 2 1/3 cups chicken mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake uncovered 50 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.