11/11/2014, 8:18 a.m.
- 1 jar (26 oz) tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1 box (12 oz) frozen Italian-style meatballs, thawed, each cut in half
- 1 ½ cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry (from 1-lb bag), thawed, drained
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix pasta sauce and tomatoes. Reserve 1/2 cup tomato mixture. Stir meatballs and stir-fry vegetables into remaining tomato mixture.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg and basil.
- Spoon reserved 1/2 cup tomato mixture over bottom of baking dish. Top with 4 noodles. Top with about half of the ricotta mixture and half of the meatball mixture. Layer with remaining 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and remaining meatball mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake covered lasagna 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 to 20 minutes longer or until bubbly, edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.