Weeklong Festival of Trees at Rialto starts Monday
11/23/2014, 1:45 p.m.
Sixty decorated trees and wreathes on display at the Rialto Square Theatre from Monday to Nov. 30 are being auctioned to the highest bidder to raise money for the nonprofit downtown Joliet venue.
An opening night celebration for the ComEd Festival of Trees will be held from 5:30 to 9 p.m. Monday. Tickets cost $40. The theater is located at 102 Chicago St.
After that, general admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors 60 and older, and children ages 3 to 11, and free for children 2 and younger.
General admission hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, 2 to 5 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to noon and 4 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Throughout the week, there will be a holiday train display and the North Pole Cafe will be open.
Other special events include:
- 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesday, how-to seminars on gift wrapping and holiday decorating ideas
- 6 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Festival of Vines Wine Tasting. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 on the day of the event.
- 11 a.m. Wednesday, Barton Grand Theatre Pipe Organ Concert.
- 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, Joliet Area Community Hospice Lights of Love tree lighting ceremony to honor and remember family.
- 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Friday, Teddy Bear Breakfast. Tickets are $22.50 for adults, $17.50 for children 12 and under and free for children 2 and younger. Price includes a keepsake teddy bear and visit with Santa. Reservations must be made in advance at www.rialtosquare.com or by calling 815-726-6600.
- 2 to 3 p.m. Friday, holiday children's crafts and calls to Santa at the North Pole.
- 3 p.m. Friday, "Rise of the Guardians" movie.
- 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Caring for the Community Day. Coats, toys and non-perishable food will be collected for charity.
- 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Holly Jolly Ladies Cocktail Party. Tickets are $35.
- 2 p.m. Sunday, Von Heidecke's "The Nutcracker." Tickets are $38 and $30 for adults and $20.50 for children 12 and under.
For more information on specific events and to obtain tickets to specific events, go to http://www.rialtosquare.com/festival_of_trees/special_events.htm.