Chicken and Marinated-Zucchini Sandwich
9/10/2014, 6:28 p.m.
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- Handful of chopped toasted almonds
- Handful of fresh parsley
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- Romaine lettuce
- Slice 1 zucchini into ribbons with a vegetable peeler. Combine with 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced, 1 tablespoon thinly sliced lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons each fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season 1 pound chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and broil until cooked through. Let cool, then shred and add to marinated zucchini along with a handful of chopped toasted almonds and fresh parsley. Cut 1 loaf Italian bread in half horizontally and hollow out. Make a sandwich with chicken mixture (including juices) and romaine lettuce leaves.