Road closures needed for Plainfield Harvest 5k
9/19/2014, 12:35 p.m.
The Plainfield Police Department issued this news release:
The Plainfield Harvest 5K run/walk is scheduled for Sunday, September 28th, 2014. This event takes place around the Village Green Park just south of downtown Plainfield. Registration for the event will begin at 6:45 a.m. with a kid’s run starting at 8:00 a.m. The 5k run/walk will start at 9:00 a.m.
On Sunday morning, temporary road closures of the following streets will be necessary before and during the event:
- James Street from Lockport Street to Fort Beggs Drive
- Ottawa Street from James St. to Illinois St.
- Commercial Street from James St. to Illinois St.
- Fox River St. between Chicago and Commercial
- Des Plaines St. between Chicago and Commercial
- Illinois St. between Chicago and Commercial.
- Fort Beggs Drive from James Street to Pratt Lane
- River Road from Fort Beggs Dr. to Renwick Road
- All of River Court.
The 5K run/walk should end approximately 10:30 a.m. and all roads closed due to the event will open immediately thereafter.
The Plainfield Police Department would like to remind residents and visitors to the Village of Plainfield that these road closures may temporarily restrict access to portions of the downtown and Plainfield Central High School campus. Any questions regarding road closures or the Harvest 5K may be directed to Commander Ken Ruggles, Plainfield Police Department, at 815-267-7211.
More information about the Plainfield Harvest 5K can be obtained at their website: www.plainfieldharvest5k.com