Mortgage relief program offered for those facing foreclosure
9/30/2014, 10:39 p.m.
A Mortgage Relief Project Event to help people who are nearing foreclosure because they are behind on their house payments will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Oct. 25 at Joliet West High School, 401 N. Larkin Ave.
The event will provide information on state programs that can lower mortgage payments and help homeowner avoid foreclosure. Free counseling and information on mortgage fraud will also be provided.
Register by calling 800-532-8785 or by going to ww.idfpr.com.
If you attend, you should bring:
- Mortgage statement
- 2012 and 2013 W2 and tax return with all schedules
- Copy of rental agreement, if necessary
- Two months of recent pay stubs
- Budget of household expenses
- Documentation of other income
- 2 months of recent bank statements
- All recent utility bills
- If you are self-employed, a profit/loss statement for the past six months.
The event is sponsored by state Sens. Pat McGuire and Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant and by state Reps. Emily McAsey, Lawrence Walsh Jr., Tom Cross and Natalie Manley.