Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta
8/6/2015, 7:35 a.m.
- 1 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water, over medium heat, and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat a large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Once shimmering and hot, add the shrimp and saute until just cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate and reserve. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet, then saute for until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the lemon juice and white wine and raise the heat to high. Let the liquid reduce for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk in the butter, add a ladleful of the pasta cooking water and return the shrimp. Remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, and add it to the skillet along with the chopped parsley and toss. Add the lemon zest and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.