Bacon, Peach and Arugula Sandwiches
8/19/2015, 9:45 a.m.
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 thick slices multigrain bread
- 2 peaches, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- Baby arugula, for topping
- Cornichons or other pickles, for serving (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, turning a few times until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then cut each slice in half.
- While the bacon is cooking, pulse the basil, olive oil, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a mini food processor (or finely chop the basil and whisk with the other ingredients) until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and pulse until just combined.
- Toast the bread and spread evenly with the basil mayonnaise. Divide the peaches, bacon and arugula among half of the bread slices; top with the remaining bread slices. Serve with cornichons.