Cheesy Beef Lasagna
2/22/2015, 2:15 a.m.
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 container (24 oz) 4% small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup refrigerated basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (10 oz)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 2 jars (24 oz each) tomato and basil pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain lasagna noodles as directed on package, using minimum cook time.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, pesto and salt. Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in pasta sauce.
- Spread 1 cup beef mixture in baking dish; top with 3 noodles and 2 1/2 cups cheese mixture. Top with 3 noodles, 2 cups beef mixture and 3 more noodles. Top with remaining cheese mixture, 3 noodles and remaining beef mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- Cover; bake 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until cheese is browned. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.