Creamy Spinach Lasagna
2/25/2015, 3:36 a.m.
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles (12 oz)
- 2 boxes (9 oz each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 container (16 oz) ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (12 oz)
- 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 1/2 cups of the Italian cheese.
- To assemble, place 4 cooked noodles in bottom of baking dish. Top with one-third of the Alfredo sauce (about 1/2 cup) and half of the spinach mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 4 noodles, Alfredo sauce and 1 1/2 cups Italian cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish tightly with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.