Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
5/4/2015, 12:25 p.m.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ large onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle chile in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons Salsa
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onion and corn; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until bell pepper and onion is softened. Remove from heat; stir in chicken, cheese, chipotle chile and cilantro.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. With oiled side down, spread 2 tablespoons salsa onto each of 3 tortillas. Spread about 1 cup of chicken mixture on each tortilla over salsa. Top each with remaining tortillas, oiled side up.
- Heat 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook 1 quesadilla at a time 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until tortilla is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla in half.