Barbecue Pork Pot Pie
10/20/2015, 10:46 p.m.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb shredded smoked pork
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; set aside. Cook red onion in bacon drippings over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Stir in pork, beans, barbecue sauce and crumbled bacon. Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- In medium bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, egg and milk until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup of the cheese and the green onions. Pour over pork mixture.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional chopped green onions, if desired.