2/2/2016, 9:43 p.m.
- 1 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans (10 oz each) enchilada sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 can (4 oz) whole green chiles, drained, chopped
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (16 oz)
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 1 can of enchilada sauce, the cumin and salt; set aside. In small bowl, mix egg, cottage cheese and chiles; set aside.
- Using remaining can of enchilada sauce, ladle 1/3 cup of the sauce into baking dish. Top with 4 noodles, half of the beef mixture (about 1 3/4 cups), half of the cottage cheese mixture (about 1 cup) and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 4 noodles. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over noodles. Spoon tomatoes over sauce.
- Cover; bake 45 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 2 cups shredded cheese. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.