Chipotle Turkey Chili
1/13/2016, 10:49 a.m.
- 3/4 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce (from 7-oz can), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (1 1/3 oz)
- In 4-quart saucepan, cook turkey, onion and garlic over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in corn, beans, broth, salt and chile. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the sour cream and 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Serve with remaining 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup cilantro and the cheese.