Plainfield Fest returns July 15-17
The Plainfield Police Department would like to remind all residents and visitors to the Village of Plainfield that Plainfield Fest 2016 will be taking place on Friday, July 15th, Saturday, July 16th and Sunday, July 17th, 2016.
As a result of this festival the following road closures will occur beginning at 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 14th, and last until the early morning hours of Monday, July 18th;
- Lockport Street between Route 59 and James Street will be completely closed to all traffic.
- Des Plaines Street between Ottawa Street and Oak Street will be closed.
- Illinois Street will be completely closed between the Library and the alley just south of Lockport Street.
- Chicago Street between Illinois Street and Fox River Street will be closed. A checkpoint for local residents and Handicapped parking will be located at Illinois Street and Chicago Street.
- Fox River Street between Lockport Street and Ottawa Street will be a checkpoint controlled access for residents and businesses.
Festival parking is available at Plainfield Central High School. Additional parking is located at the municipal parking lots on Des Plaines Street north of Oak Street and the lot next to the Plainfield Library on Illinois Street. Handicapped parking is available in the municipal parking lots, and on Chicago Street between Illinois Street and Des Plaines Street. Additional parking will also be available at Riverfront Park, along the west side of the access road, and at Plainfield Village Hall.
Roads are expected to re-open around 5am on Monday, July 18th, 2016.
Plainfield Police remind all motorists to anticipate longer than normal delays in traffic movement, and also to be aware of the increase in pedestrian traffic in the downtown area. Any questions regarding road closures or parking for Plainfield Fest may be directed to Commander Ken Ruggles at 815-267-7211.
For a schedule of events at Plainfield Fest go to: www.plainfieldfest.org.