GRILLED ZUCCHINI CAPRESE
7/6/2017, 11 a.m.
Serves: 6-8 / TOTAL TIME
• 3 medium zucchini (1½ lbs.), cut lengthwise
• 5 cocktail tomatoes, sliced ½ - inch thick
• 8 oz. pre-sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
• ¼ tsp. garlic salt
• fresh basil leaves, julienned
• olive oil
• salt and fresh ground black pepper
Drizzle and rub zucchini halves with olive oil. Season lightly with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Preheat the grill on medium-high and grill the zucchini covered for 3-5 minutes per side or just until knife tender.
Remove the grilled zucchini to a serving platter cut side up. Season evenly with garlic salt. Top each half with mozzarella cheese and sliced tomatoes in overlapping pattern. Sprinkle with basil and drizzle with olive oil. Season with additional salt and fresh ground black pepper as needed.
Serve immediately or at room temperature. It also tastes good chilled the next day. Serves 6-8 as a side.