Joliet flag day ceremony will honor local veterans
6/8/2017, 7:29 a.m.
The City of Joliet and the Will County VAC will host a Flags of Valor ceremony on Wednesday, June 14.
The ceremony will begin at 11:00 a.m. in City Council Chambers, located on the second floor of City Hall at 150 W. Jefferson Street in Joliet. The public is invited.
The ceremony will honor 20 soldiers from Illinois who lost their lives while serving our country after September 11, 2001. The speakers will include Retired Army Colonel James Capparilli, Gold Star Sister Dawn Morris, and Joliet Mayor Bob O’Dekirk. The 20 soldiers being honored and the town they were from, are listed below.
• Army Sergeant Sirlou C. Cuaresma, Chicago
• Marine Lance Corporal Adam W. Kaiser, Romeoville
• Marine Pfc. Sean T. Cardelli, Downers Grove
• Marine Sergeant Edward G. Davis III, Antioch
• Marine Sergeant Nickolas Lee Hopper, Montrose
• Army Sergeant Grzegorz Jakoniuk, Schiller Park
• Marine Lance Corporal Sean P. Maher, Grayslake
• Marine Lance Corporal Jesse D. De La Torre, Aurora
• Marine Corporal Adam T. McKiski, Cherry Valley
• Marine Corporal Anthony G. Mihalo, Naperville
• Marine Corporal Nathaniel K. Moore, Champaign
• Marine Corporal Conner T. Lowry, Chicago
• Marine Captain Nathan R. McHone, Crystal Lake
• Army Sergeant 1st Class Christopher D. Shaw, Markham
• Navy Reserve Master-At-Arms 2nd Class Brian M. Patton, Freeport
• Marine Lance Corporal Raymond J. Holzhauer, Dwight
• Army Sergeant Landis W. Garrison, Rapids City
• Marine Lance Corporal Neil D. Petsche, Lena
• Army Spc. Miguel Carrasquillo, River Grove
• Army 1st Lieutenant Debra A. Banaszak, Bloomington
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact Wayne Horne at WHorne@aol.com.