Give Something Back set to help students
10/12/2017, 10:35 a.m.
Give Something Back, a mentoring and scholarship program for Pell Grant eligible students, with special outreach to those who have experienced foster care or the incarceration of a parent, has announced its Fall 2017 Information Session Schedule.
Ninth grade students in Illinois who meet Give Back’s requirements for Pell Grant eligibility and a GPA of 3.0 or higher are encouraged to attend a mandatory information session, which is the first step in the scholarship application process.
Give Back funds the cost of college for qualified students. The goal is for Give Back scholars to graduate on time with little to no debt from one of Give Back’s partner colleges or universities in Illinois. These include Blackburn College, Lewis University, Northern Illinois University, University of Illinois, and University of
To date, Give Back has provided more than $35 million in college scholarships to low-income students.
Information Sessions are scheduled as followed:
- Oct. 16 at 6pm – Joliet Central High School (Cafeteria) 201 E Jefferson St., Joliet,
- IL 60432
- Oct. 16 at 6pm – Beecher High School, Miller St., Beecher, IL 60401
- Oct. 18 at 6pm – Plainfield Central High School (Auditorium), 24120 Fort Beggs
- Drive, Plainfield, IL 60544
- Oct. 18 at 7:30pm – Wilmington High School (Cafetorium) 209 Wildcat Court,
- Wilmington, IL 60481
- Oct. 24 at 6pm – Lockport Township High School Central Campus 1222 S Jefferson St,
- Lockport, IL 60441
- Oct. 24 at 7:30pm – Bolingbrook High School, 365 Raider Way, Bolingbrook, IL 60440
- Oct. 25 at 6pm – West Aurora High School, 1201 W New York St, Aurora, IL 60506
- Oct. 25 at 7:30pm – East Aurora High School, 500 Tomcat Ln, Aurora, IL 60505
Students from Will County and Aurora must attend an in-person information session. Students located elsewhere in Illinois can participate in an online information session which include phone-in conference times (Oct. 24 and 25 at 7pm) for questions and answers. For more information on online sessions call (818) 834-8400.
For more information about Give Back, visit giveback.ngo.