Triple Mash with Horseradish Bread Crumbs
Servings: 12 / Total Time: 30 Min
• 1-3/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 4 medium parsnips (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and cubed
• 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled rutabaga
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 cup butter, divided
• 1 cup soft bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
• 1 cup whole milk
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• Place potatoes, parsnips, rutabaga and salt in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.
• Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until toasted. Stir in horseradish; remove from heat.
• Drain vegetables; return to pot. Mash vegetables over low heat, gradually adding milk, pepper and remaining butter. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs.