RAVIOLI WITH PUMPKIN ALFREDO
Servings: 4 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 1 package (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 2 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
• 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
• dash of freshly grated nutmeg
• 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the ravioli according to the package directions. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, chicken broth and milk.
In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30-60 seconds. Add in the milk mixture, Parmesan cheese, pumpkin puree, parsley, sage and nutmeg. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
Stir the ravioli into the sauce. Serve topped with the pine nuts and walnuts.