WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE BRUSCHETTA
Summer Time Party Appetizers
7/4/2019, 6 a.m.
WHIPPED GOAT CHEESE BRUSCHETTA SERVINGS: 12 / TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
• 1 small loaf 6-8 inches French bread, cut into 1/2inch slices
• 10 ounces goat cheese
• 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 cup balsamic vinegar use good quality
• 1 cup small yellow tomatoes
• 1 cup small orange tomatoes
• 1 cup small red tomatoes such as cherry tomatoes
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place the bread slices (or you can grill the bread if you prefer) and tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until toasted/burst.
Remove and set aside.
Heat balsamic vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and heat for 6-8 minutes or until reduced by about 1/3. You want it to be syrupy but not too thick.
In a blender or stand mixer, combine the goat cheese, cream cheese, and garlic powder. Cream until fully combined and smooth.
To assemble the bruschetta, top each piece of bread with 1 tablespoon of the goat cheese mixture, then top with all three kinds of tomatoes. Sprinkle with chopped basil and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
*NOTES: Omit garlic powder when making triple berry version.