Creamy Lime Pie with Fresh Berries
4th of July berry dessert
6/28/2019, 6 a.m.
Creamy Lime Pie with Fresh Berries Servings: 8 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 1-3/4 cups finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 4 teaspoons grated lime zest
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
• Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies, sugar and flour; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
• In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, lime zest and lime juice until blended. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Stir in cilantro. Transfer to crust. Refrigerate, covered, until filling is firm, at least 4 hours.
• Just before serving, arrange berries over pie. In a microwave, warm preserves just until melted. Brush over berries.