One Pot Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles
1/9/2020, 6 a.m.
One Pot Teriyaki Chicken Zoodles Servings: 3 / Total Time: 22 mins
• 2 medium pieces boneless skinless, chicken breasts (about 2/3 lb) cut into strips or chunks
• salt and black pepper to taste
• 2 Tablespoons cooking oil olive or coconut oil
• 5-6 medium zucchini cut into noodles using a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler
• 1 cup chopped pineapple chunks fresh, frozen or canned
• 1/4 cup low-sodium soy saucecan
• 2-3 Tablespoons honey coconut sugar or low carb sweetener of your choice
• 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
• 2 garlic cloves minced
• 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
• 1 Tablespoon corn starch or use arrowroot powder or tapioca starch for a paleo version
• 2 Tablespoons water plus more as needed to thin out sauce
• salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste; optional
• Green onions sliced thinly
• Broccoli florets
• Sesame Seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce.
In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of sauce over the chicken. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
Heat cooking oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly brown, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the pineapple chunks and cook for another 1 minute, until slightly softened. Pour in the remainder of the sauce and turn the heat to high. Allow sauce to bubble and thicken while stirring - about 1-2 minutes - add more water a little at a time (only as needed if the sauce is too thick). Season to taste with salt, black pepper and/or red chili flakes.
*If cooking the zucchini noodles, add into the pan and use tongs to toss and coat with sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes until zucchini is just tender but still firm. Be careful not to overcook.
Remove from heat and drizzle extra sauce in pan over chicken and serve immediately. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.