Cornbread Taco Bake
Hearty Ground Beef Recipes
1/16/2020, 6 a.m.
Cornbread Taco Bake Servings: 6 / Total Time: 40 MINS
• 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
• 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
• 1 envelope taco seasoning
• 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
• 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
• 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, water, green pepper and taco seasoning. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
• Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions for cornbread. Stir in half of the onions. Spread over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes.
• Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake until cheese is melted and a toothpick inserted into cornbread layer comes out clean, 3-5 minutes longer.