Comfort Food Dinners
1/23/2020, 6 a.m.
Chicken Tetrazzini Servings: 6 / Total Time: 1 hr
• 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
• 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons butter, divided
• 8 bacon strips, chopped
• 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 small green pepper, chopped
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 3 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken
• 2 cups frozen peas (about 8 ounces)
• 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
• 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven to 375°. Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente. Drain; transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add 2 teaspoons butter and toss to coat.
• Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan. Add mushrooms, onion and green pepper to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
• In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add chicken, peas, pimientos and mushroom mixture; heat through, stirring occasionally. Spoon over spaghetti. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.
• Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.