Stuffed Vegetarian Shells
Comfort Food Dinners
1/23/2020, 6 a.m.
Stuffed Vegetarian Shells Servings: 8 / Total Time: 45 mins
• 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
• 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
• 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
• 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
• 2 large egg whites
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
• 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
• Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, broccoli, mozzarella, egg whites and seasonings. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
• Spread half the spaghetti sauce into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stuff pasta shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over spaghetti sauce. Pour remaining sauce over pasta shells.
• Cover and bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until heated through, about 5 minutes longer.