Italian Steak Bruschetta
Summer Snacking Recipes
7/9/2020, 6 a.m.
Italian Steak Bruschetta Makes: 1 dozen / Total Time: 40 mins
• 4 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
• 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 12 diagonally cut French bread slices (1/2 inch thick)
• 1-1/2 cups prepared bruschetta topping
• 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
• Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
• Meanwhile, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper; place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Broil 3-4 in. from heat for 4-6 minutes on each side until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak into thin slices.
• Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat until golden brown, 30-45 seconds on each side. Top with bruschetta topping, arugula, steak and pancetta.
Italian Steak Bruschetta Recipe photo by Taste of Home