Easy Summer Dessert
7/16/2020, 6 a.m.
Watermelon Sherbet Makes: 1/2 gallon / Total Time: 15 mins
• 8 cups seeded chopped watermelon
• 1-1/2 cups sugar
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
• 1/2 cup cold water
• 2 cups whole milk
• In a large bowl, combine watermelon, sugar and lemon juice. Chill for 30 minutes; place half in a blender. Blend until smooth; pour into a large bowl. Repeat with the other half; set aside.
• In a saucepan, cook and stir gelatin and water over low heat until gelatin dissolves. Add to watermelon mixture; mix well. Stir in the milk until well blended.
• Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to the manufacturer's directions. Serve immediately or freeze and allow to thaw about 20 minutes before serving.
Watermelon Sherbet Recipe photo by Taste of Home