Double-Duty Chicken with Olives & Artichokes
7/30/2020, 6 a.m.
Double-Duty Chicken with Olives & Artichokes Servings: 4 / Total Time: 4 hrs
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 8 bone-in chicken thighs (3 pounds), skin removed if desired
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
• 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained
• 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
• 1 bay leaf
• 1-1/2 cups orange juice
• 3/4 cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• In a shallow bowl, mix flour, garlic salt and pepper. Dip chicken thighs in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker.
• Sprinkle garlic, lemon zest, thyme and rosemary over chicken. Top with artichoke hearts, olives and bay leaf. In a bowl, mix orange juice, broth and honey; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf.
• Reserve 4 chicken thighs for Double-Duty Chicken & Feta Spinach Salad; cover and refrigerate. To serve remaining chicken, mix gremolata ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over chicken and artichoke mixture.
Double-Duty Chicken with Olives & Artichokes Recipe photo by Taste of Home