Healthy Summer Salads
6/4/2020, 6 a.m.
Berry-Beet Salad Servings: 4 / Total Time: 45 mins
• 1 each fresh red and golden beets
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 tablespoons walnut oil
• 1 teaspoon honey
• Dash salt
• Dash pepper
• 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
• 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
• 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
• 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
• 1 shallot, thinly sliced
• 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
• 1 ounce fresh goat cheese, crumbled
• 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
• Place beets in an 8-in. square baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes or until tender.
• Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, honey, salt and pepper; set aside. Cool beets; peel and cut into thin slices.
• In a large bowl, combine the beets, berries, walnuts and shallot. Pour dressing over beet mixture and toss gently to coat. Divide salad greens among 4 serving plates. Top with beet mixture; sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Berry-Beet Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home