Colorful Cornbread Salad
Father’s Day Recipes
6/18/2020, 6 a.m.
Colorful Cornbread Salad Servings: 14 / Total Time: 45 mins
• 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) cornbread/muffin mix
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
• 1 to 2 tablespoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
• 4 to 6 cups torn romaine
• 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1 medium green pepper, chopped
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
• 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• Optional: Additional tomato and crumbled bacon
• Preheat oven to 400°. Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
• Coarsely crumble cornbread into a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, salad dressing mix and adobo sauce.
• In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or glass bowl, layer a third of the cornbread and half of each of the following: romaine, tomatoes, pepper, onion, bacon, cheese and mayonnaise mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cornbread and, if desired, additional chopped tomato and bacon. Refrigerate, covered, 2-4 hours before serving.
Colorful Cornbread Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home