Grilled Onion & Skirt Steak Tacos
Father’s Day Recipes
6/18/2020, 6 a.m.
Grilled Onion & Skirt Steak Tacos Servings: 8 / Total Time: 20 mins
• 2 beef skirt or flank steaks (1 pound each)
• 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 8 spring onions
• 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
• 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
• Corn tortillas, minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges
• Pound beef with a meat mallet to tenderize. In a large bowl, mix beer, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add beef to marinade; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cut partially through onions, leaving tops intact. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
• Drain beef, discarding marinade; sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. On a greased grill rack, grill steaks and onions, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°) and onions are crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes on each side. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with tortillas, onions, cilantro and lime wedges.
Grilled Onion & Skirt Steak Tacos Recipe photo by Taste of Home