Broiled Pizza Burgers
Easy Lunch Ideas
3/19/2020, 6 a.m.
Broiled Pizza Burgers Servings: 4 / Total Time: 25 mins
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1 tablespoon chopped onion
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
• 10 slices process cheese (Velveeta), divided
• 4 hamburger buns, split
• 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
• In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with cornstarch; stir until blended. Stir in the tomatoes, oregano, salt and onion salt. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add six cheese slices; cook and stir until cheese is melted and blended.
• Place hamburger buns cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet; spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture onto each bun half. Cut remaining cheese slices in half diagonally; place over meat mixture. Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Broiled Pizza Burgers Recipe photo by Taste of Home