All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers
MEMORIAL DAY RECIPES
5/21/2020, 6 a.m.
All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers Servings: 4 / Total Time: 30 mins
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
• 2 tablespoons ketchup
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon steak sauce
• 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
• 1 pound ground beef
• 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
• 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
• 8 cooked bacon strips
• Optional toppings: lettuce leaves and tomato, onion and pickle slices
• In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
• Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 3 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Grill 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with bacon and toppings of your choice.
All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers Recipe photo by Taste of Home