Golden Butternut Squash Lasagna
Veggie Fall Dinners
10/8/2020, 6 a.m.
Golden Butternut Squash Lasagna Servings: 12 / Total Time: 1 hr
• 1 medium butternut squash (3 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 9 lasagna noodles
• 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 8 ounces fontina cheese, thinly sliced
• 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• Preheat oven to 425°. Divide squash between 2 greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. In a small saucepan, combine milk and rosemary. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Strain, reserving milk, and set aside. Discard rosemary.
• In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium heat. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Reserve 1 cup sauce; stir squash into remaining sauce.
• Reduce oven setting to 375°. Drain noodles. Spread reserved sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with 3 noodles, half of squash mixture, half of fontina cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles. Beat cream until soft peaks form. Spread over top. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
• Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and golden brown, 10-15 minutes longer. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Golden Butternut Squash Lasagna Recipe photo by Taste of Home