Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls
Veggie Fall Dinners
10/8/2020, 6 a.m.
Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls Makes: 8 cabbage rolls / Total Time: 45 mins
• 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
• 1 cup diced zucchini
• 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
• 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
• 3/4 cup vegetable broth
• 1/2 cup bulgur
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 large head cabbage
• 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
• 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cook cabbage in boiling water just until leaves fall off head. Set aside 8 large leaves for rolls (refrigerate remaining cabbage for another use). Cut out the thick vein from each leaf, making a V-shape cut. Overlap cut ends before filling. Stir 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and lemon juice into vegetable mixture.
• Place a heaping 1/3 cupful on each cabbage leaf; fold in sides. Starting at an unfolded edge, roll to completely enclose filling.
• Combine tomato sauce and hot pepper sauce; pour 1/3 cup into a 2-qt. baking dish. Place cabbage rolls in dish; spoon remaining sauce over top. Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls Recipe photo by Taste of Home